Friday, March 23, 2012

Oatmeal: Brain Food


First of all, I HATE oatmeal...well its not something I would go for in the morning. I would rather have a breakfast burrito, but that's not very healthy or nutritious. So, oatmeal is something I've grown accustomed to because it keeps it sticks in your belly a lot longer which is very helpful for me when I'm running around like a headless chicken in the lab.

The oatmeal I used is my own little concoction of FOUR different store bought oatmeals:
- Quaker Oats Instant
- Steel Cut Oats
- Bob's Red Mill Rolled Wheat Hot Cereal
- Bob's Red Mill 10 grain Hot Cereal

INGREDIENTS:
2 C of my Oatmeal Mixture
3 1/2 C water
1/2 Almond Milk (you can use any milk - I'm just on this healthy kick at the moment...Summertime)
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
2 TSP Vanilla Extract
Slow Cooker

DIRECTION:
* Combine all ingredients in the Slow Cooker and set it on Low for 8 hours (overnight)
* In the morning you'll have creamy oatmeal (~ 4 servings)

Note: If you only want to use Steel Cut Oats Follow the same directions but use only 1C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Polish Brass Jewelry

So I think its been close to a year since I've written an entry for this blog. So here you go. This is the easiest thing to do and onl...