Monday, May 14, 2012

Lavender Syrup


This lovely picture was taken by my lovely and talented Duckie! LOVE YOU! (If I'm correct these are called English Lavenders. I use Spanish ones because they are easier to find in so cal)

Anyway, I get to do a blog entry on the namesake of my blog...finally. Lavender Syrup is by far my favorite thing to make in the spring when the flowers are in bloom. I've been making this simple syrup every year since my junior in college (so 6 years). Its very light but fragrant, so if the idea of rosewater makes you sick, I don't suggest making this.  

I really like using this syrup when I make lemonade or if you're having a really bad week...put some vodka in. (Too many lazy summer memories with this concoction) 

INGREDIENTS:
2 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Water
1/4 C fresh Lavender blossoms (make sure they were not treated with any pesticides)

DIRECTIONS:
1) Combine all ingredient in a pot and let simmer until sugar has dissolved. You can strain out the blossoms but I like leaving them behind. 
2) Store in the refrigerator (you can store it for awhile but the lavender taste is lost as time goes by)


Note: you can also do this with fresh rose petals 



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Polish Brass Jewelry

So I think its been close to a year since I've written an entry for this blog. So here you go. This is the easiest thing to do and onl...