Monday, May 28, 2012

Brownie Cake Pops


Have you ever had a really bad day and just wanted to hide? Yeah, well...that was me last week when I burnt popcorn at work and set off the fire alarm. You would think that was enough to kill you, right? Well...I work in the research department of my company, so the entire building had to evacuate and the fire department came. Umm, yeah....and the best part is, I went and owned up to my mistake. :/ Hopefully, that will win me karma points in the future.

In any case, I felt bad, so I went home to make brownies in hopes of making up for my juvenile mistake. But the brownies were too fudgy (this is why I hate store bought mixes), so I decided to make cake pops, which turned out to be a bigger hit. :)

So my lesson learned is to ALWAYS man up and own up to things you do wrong even if its hard. You'll be better in the long run...and that store bought mixes have a ton of oil content to them. :p

INGREDIENT:
1 Box of Store Box Brownies (made to the instructions in the back)
1 bag of candy melts
Pearl Sprinkles
Metal Wire Rack
Two Spoons
Glass Bowl

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Once the brownies are cooked and cooled down, roll 1" diameter balls
2) In the glass bowl microwave the candy melts down (it was exceptional hot that day, so it only took 30 seconds)
3) Using the two spoons, gently toss the brownie balls into the melted candy melts
4) Place on Metal Wire Rack for a few minutes so the candy melt can harden a bit then decorate with pearls
5) Leave over night to cool down and harden ( in my case, I had to refrigerate the brownie pops over night)

SIDE NOTE: no one remembers the fire alarm incident  and my co-worker said she liked the chewiness of the brownie center. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Polish Brass Jewelry

So I think its been close to a year since I've written an entry for this blog. So here you go. This is the easiest thing to do and onl...