Sunday, April 29, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins


I LOVE LOVE LOVE strawberry season. At its peek, a basket of strawberries can cost as low as $0.99! That is CRAZY considering how much time and resources it takes to get these delightful treats to us. In my family, we are insanely addicted to fruits and vegetables especially in their ripe season. YUMS!

So with this strawberry overload, I decided to make a strawberry dessert that would keep the strawberries from withering away in my fridge. So thanks to pinterest, I found a Strawberry Shortcake Cookie recipe that  I kinda made into muffins and modified....this is the original recipe. I changed certain things to keep the muffins on the semi sweet side. 

INGREDIENTS:
2 C of Freshly sliced Strawberries cleaned with the Eat Cleaner
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp powder sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 C of 2/3 milk and 3 tbsp of melted butter (I did not have heavy cream)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl lightly mix the strawberries, lemon juice, powder sugar and let sit
3) In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
4) Slowly add the cold butter into the bowl of dry ingredients - the mixture will have a crumb consistency
5) Add milk and butter mixture in and then slowly fold the strawberries in the dough
6) Spoon the mixture into a the cupcake molds and  bake for ~25 min or until lightly brown surface.

Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Polish Brass Jewelry

So I think its been close to a year since I've written an entry for this blog. So here you go. This is the easiest thing to do and onl...