Also, I know I HATE writing recipe, but I'll write a broad one, so you can play with it as you please. I would love to hear how your's come out. OH, and the hardest part about this recipe is to find the lime leaves. Its not what you think of, they are not leaves from a tree that produces yellow fruit. Its a Thai spice that is rare is valuable.
Ground Chicken - The recipe called for Pork instead, but this is healthier
Lime leaves - Kaffir Leaves
Red Bell Peppers
Thai Basil Leaves
Vietnamese or Thai Fish Sauce ( I can have an entire entry devoted to the differences)
- Crush Garlic and sautee with oil in pan until translucent and then cook the ground meat until done
- add fish sauce with the burner still on
- add all minced ingredients except the basil leaves
- add more fish sauce or water to steam/ cook the veggies
- stop cooking when the green beans start to get kinda soft - don't want them to mush up
- lastly add in the basil leaves
Serve with rice and fried egg. <3
EDIT: My fake cousin, Oak, corrected me that I have to use Thai Hot Basil in the recipe.