Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thai Dish - Pad Kra Phrao


 I think its called Pad Kra Phrao, but don't hold it against me if I'm wrong. I learned how to make this dish from David's Mom, her recipe called for lemon leaves, but the ones online don't. Also, when serving with rice, it is a must that you add soy sauce for an added twist to your palette (at least according to David's Grandma who scolded me for not doing so years ago)

Also, I know I HATE writing recipe, but I'll write a broad one, so you can play with it as you please. I would love to hear how your's come out. OH, and the hardest part about this recipe is to find the lime leaves. Its not what you think of, they are not leaves from a tree that produces yellow fruit. Its a Thai spice that is rare is valuable.

INGREDIENT:
Ground Chicken  - The recipe called for Pork instead, but this is healthier
Lime leaves - Kaffir Leaves
Green Beans
Red Bell Peppers
Jalopenos
Thai Basil Leaves
Vietnamese or Thai Fish Sauce ( I can have an entire entry devoted to the differences)
Garlic Cloves

RECIPE:
- Crush Garlic and sautee with oil in pan until translucent and then cook the ground meat until done
- add fish sauce with the burner still on
- add all minced ingredients except the basil leaves
- add more fish sauce or water to steam/ cook the veggies
- stop cooking when the green beans start to get kinda soft - don't want them to mush up
- lastly add in the basil leaves

Serve with rice and fried egg. <3

EDIT: My fake cousin, Oak, corrected me that I have to use Thai Hot Basil in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Polish Brass Jewelry

So I think its been close to a year since I've written an entry for this blog. So here you go. This is the easiest thing to do and onl...