Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mexican Rice


My friend, Angelica, showed me how to make this a few months ago but I thought I would share the recipe and technique…the technique being the key component. When I was back in college, I failed at making this soo many times but I learned it was because I lacked patience which unfortunately is still a work in progress.

Ingredients:
1 cup rice
2 cup fresh chicken broth (you can substitute with a cube of chicken bouillon and 2 c of water)
5 diced Roma Tomatos
½ chopped yellow onions (or red onions)
5 cloves of diced garlic
3 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
1.       In a pot pour the olive oil and heat it up until it becomes viscous then add the garlic and onions at medium heat. Cook the onions until it becomes translucent.
2.       Add the dry rice into the pot and allow the oil to cook the grains – remember to stir or they will stick to the bottom.
3.       Add the 2 cups of the fresh chicken broth along with the diced tomatoes. Turn up the heat and let the stock start to boil with bubbles.
4.       Place the lid on top and reduce the heat to low


5.       Let the pot sit on low for about 20 min and then it’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Polish Brass Jewelry

So I think its been close to a year since I've written an entry for this blog. So here you go. This is the easiest thing to do and onl...